Are you having a tough time dealing with back pain in your pregnancy days? If yes then there is nothing to worry about since most women observe back pain ranging from mild to severe. The severity of back pain and discomfort causes is likely to interfere with your daily routine, making you feel tired more often. If you are experiencing major back pains while your pregnancy phase, the below exercises shall be of great help to you. However, you cannot completely bid away back pain but somewhat reduce it severity by following the below three exercises:
1. Core Twists:
Core Twists will strengthen your abdominal and pelvic floor muscles.
- Stand straight with your left foot on one end of the dumb bell and keep your feet wide apart.
- Hold the other handle using both your hands. Place it at the height of your chest and circle your shoulders towards the left.
- Softly pull the band towards the right with your hands ending at shoulder length and torso facing towards the right.
- Do this exercise for ten times and same on the other foot.
2. Deadlift to Curl
This exercise adds strength to your Core, hamstrings, and biceps.
- Stand with your feet apart in a way that your right foot is in front of your left foot.
- Hold a dumbbell in both your hands and bend a little forward.
- Make sure your hands are extended outwards.
- Rise to the start position keeping your back straight. Move the dumbbell towards your shins, curling it towards your shoulders.
- Repeat this exercise for five times and repeat it with your left foot.
3. Triangle Pose
This exercise makes your hips, thighs, and back muscles stronger.
- Stand straight with feet apart. Move your left foot the tight and your right foot outwards at 90 degrees aligned with arch of left foot.
- Raise your arms to shoulder height and palms facing towards the floor.
- Bend forward towards the right side. Extend your torso towards the right direction bending your hips and not your waist. Bind this movement by pressing the outer heel to the floor.
- Hold this position for maximum 30 seconds and repeat.
Pregnancy is a phase where women undergo huge physiological change in their system. Their body observes a complete change. Their hormonal levels fluctuate more often that gives rise to body aches, headaches, morning sickness and most commonly, back pains. Women who have severe back pains during pregnancy should follow the above exercises and if the pain is unbearable, it is always better to visit your doctor for further back pain management rather than self-medicating yourself. When you enter third trimester of pregnancy, your baby weight is a lot more than the first trimester, which builds more pressure on your abdominal muscles. In such a case, it might become difficult for your back to support the growing baby’s weight and therefore, leads to severe back pain. Hence, if you follow these simple exercises right from the first trimester, it will makes your muscles stronger and help you cope up better with back pain in the coming months.
If you need any further tips for having a healthy pregnancy, you can get in touch with our doctor, Dr Rita Bakshi, a top-rated gynecologist in India, with more than 33 years of experience in the field of obs & gyne and infertility.