Egg Donation has now become an essential part of fertility treatments. At IFC, egg donation is a relevant treatment option for women who are unable to conceive with their own eggs due to decreasing ovarian function. This usually occurs with advancing reproductive age, for women beyond 35.
Indications for Egg donation
- Poor fertilization of eggs despite good quality sperm
- Failure to achieve pregnancy following repetitive attempts of IVF or other ART
- Premature ovarian failure
- Women over the age of 40
- Absent ovarian function due to previous exposure to radiation or surgery
- Presence of genetic disorder with high chances of being transmitted to the offspring via the woman’s eggs
- Elevated FSH levels on 3rd day of the menstrual cycle
- Poor responders (less than 3-4 eggs)
- Unexplained failure of IVF consecutively (3 cycles)
IFC’s Huge Database of Egg Donors
IFC provides the biggest database of egg donors of all centres in India, thus, assuring that there will be always be a donor who can match your preferences. Our current donor database has new and proven egg donors and is ever increasing as we continue to recruit. We have donors of all profiles: fair or dark complexion, Caucasian, African, Asian and Premium Donors who are highly educated.
All our donors are between the ages of 19- 25 and are screened for general physical health, fertility and transmissible diseases. If there is any condition (mental or physical) that could be passed to a child in the donor’s family, the donor is not accepted into the program. All our donors undergo counselling and have high antral follicles counts or have done well with past donations.
Egg Donation Process
Since we have a database of pre-screened donors, there is no waiting period at all. Once the donor is selected, we will synchronize and match the cycle between the donor and the recipient according to the visit process. The rest of the process is exactly the same as a patient undergoing IVF treatment.
Egg Donation Success Rates
The chance of pregnancy with egg donation is higher than normal IVF treatment mainly because egg donors tend to be younger and more fertile than women seeking IVF treatment with their own eggs. At IFC, recipients of all ages are achieving success rate of approximately 40% per embryo transfer. Even better, cumulative birth rate exceeds 90% when 3 to 4 ET are performed.