Financial Planning and Insurance Aspects in Surrogacy Programme
The financial planning for surrogacy and IVF treatment, are covered under different clauses by Insurance provider and IRDA, for Indian married couples with infertility issues.
- There are no definite guidelines of IRDA, with Insurance and Health Insurance companies, to provide health insurance coverage, for both the surrogate mother and the child for surrogacy treatment in Indian clinic.
- The insurance on infertility treatment involving IVF steps is now offered in Indian insurance market after, Jan 2014. The coverage includes insurance coverage for infertility treatment along with maternity.
- When an individual or couple opts for using traditional surrogacy, there are some insurers that will cover the expenses that are associated with the artificial insemination procedure with the surrogate using her own eggs.
- In most cases, insurance companies do not provide coverage on treatment, associated with the transfer of the embryo, in gestational surrogacy or commercial surrogate.
- The life insurer service provider is bound by contract, to cover the cost of the surrogate pregnancy. The coverage rate in such treatment is done at the same rate of coverage, paid to the policy holder for traditional expectant biological mother or natural birth. The treatment aspects covered includes hospitalization charges, for indoor patients and medical costs on diagnostic testing, ultra-sound examination and medical tests.
- The international surrogacy is covered by different insurance laws and service providers, in countries of their origin, for most International Foreign married couples.
- The ART Bill to be introduced in parliament is to have clauses to include Health Insurance provisions for Intended Parents.
If you have any query related to this, Please let us know by submitting your queries in the section mentioned below or write us at email@example.com