ICSI stands for Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection which is an advanced form of IVF treatment. It is used in cases of male factor infertility where the male partner is suffering from the sperm related issues like low sperm count, poor sperm morphology or poor sperm quality.
ICSI procedure is performed with the traditional IVF to create an embryo in the laboratory. The need for this procedure arises when the sperms fail to penetrate the eggs and fertilization doesn’t take place by natural selection.
In such cases, the best quality sperm is selected and picked manually using a specialized pipette and inserted into the egg. Rest of the process remains the same and egg is kept for fertilization in the lab. Then the embryo created is implanted into the intended mother’s womb.
ICSI is considered a safe and effective procedure and proves to be very helpful in male infertility treatment. The complete process is performed under the supervision of experts to ensure a flawless procedure. Let us have a look on the steps involved in the ICSI process
- First of all Ovary simulation is done the same way as in normal IVF
- The Eggs are retrieved from the intended mother
- Sperm samples are retrieved from the intended Father
- The mature egg is held with a specialized pipette.
- A very delicate, sharp, and hollow injection needle is used to immobilize and pick up the single sperm.
- The needle is then carefully inserted into the cytoplasm of the egg.
- The needle is carefully removed after injecting the sperm into the egg.
- The egg is kept in the lab and checked for the evidence of fertilization.
So this is how the ICSI process takes place. After the fertilization of the egg, it is transferred into the uterus of the intended mother so that she can achieve conception.
Get world class Infertility Treatment at the most affordable prices with high Success Rates. Consult Us now by submitting your queries in the section mentioned below or write us at email@example.com