International fertility centre (IFC) provides a great opportunity for those infertile couples who are suffering from HIV (human immunodeficiency virus). We at IFC have all the advanced techniques and medications for HIV positive couples who wish to start a family. Over the last few years, we have successfully carried out these techniques at IFC.
Proceedings for HIV positive patient at our clinic
Counseling at IFC:
Here at IFC we do counseling before commencing any kind of treatment. We believe that, it is a patient’s right to know each and every thing about the treatment and its outcome. This not only helps them to understand the procedure and its effect, but also helps them to get psychologically ready for the treatment.
Male with HIV positive infection:
At IFC we recommend sperm washing technique if a male is HIV positive. Sperm washing is a method in which seminal plasma is removed from the sperms and the healthier sperm is selected.
Female with HIV positive infection:
We at IFC suggest a combination of medicines to an HIV positive woman throughout her pregnancy. There are 15% to 20% chances for an HIV infected women to transmit the infection to her child. We also suggest medicine for the baby after delivery, and recommend artificial feeding for such babies to avoid HIV virus transmission.
IFC provides Assisted Reproduction Techniques (ART) for HIV positive couple:
- In vitro fertilization (IVF): It comes under assisted reproductive technology. It is a process in which the egg is fertilized with the sperm outside the body. This process is also recommended to the couples with HIV positive virus.
- Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI): It is an advanced form of in vitro fertilization procedure that helps to treat sperm-related issues. It is a process in which a single sperm is directly injected into an egg. This process is also recommended to the HIV positive couples.
- Egg donation and sperm donation is also an alternative treatment for an infertile couple with HIV positive status to prevent complete transmission of HIV virus to their off spring.
- Egg donation: The egg donation is a process in which a woman donates her egg to that woman who is incapable to conceive. Prior to egg donation, donor go through special clinical screening and initial tests.
- Sperm donation: In this process semen is donated by a male after going through many medical screening tests. Semen is a fluid that contains sperm which is released during ejaculation.