Documents required to apply for Medical Visa
To commission Surrogacy, you will need Medical (Surrogacy) Visa for which the following documents are required.
- Surrogacy Agreement : A legal contract between Intended parents and the Surrogate. This is provided by the centre (IFC) on confirmation of the Process.
- Invitation letter : A letter from the ART Centre (IFC) mentioning about the process and to request the embassy to issue a Medical Visa.
- Letter of Enrollment of the ART Centre: Provided by the ART Centre (IFC)
- Letter of NOC (No Objection Certificate) from the respective country for the Surrogacy program.
- Marriage Certificate of the Intended Parents.
- Medical Letter from the local doctor saying that the Intended Mother is not medically fit to carry the baby herself.
Once you have these documents ready, please apply for the Visa to the Indian Consulate/Embassy in your respective country. After you receive the visa, you can then plan your visit.
Foreigners Registration in India
All foreigners visiting India on Medical Visa are required to get themselves registered with the Foreigners Regional Registration Officer (FRRO), within 14 days of arrival.
Hence, when you arrive for your contract signing and procedure, we will also setup an appointment for you with the FRRO. Ordinarily, the registration process is completed on the same day itself.
Documents required for taking Exit Permit from FRRO (After completion of Surrogacy):
- Original Passport & Emergency travel documents.
- Surrogacy agreement between the commissioning parent, surrogate mother & doctor treating the case.
- An undertaking from the surrogate mother that all liabilities contained in the agreement towards her, have been satisfactorily discharged by the intended parents who are foreign nationals.
- Doctor’s letter who has given treatment.
- Letter from hospital where infant was born.
- Infant’s (Applicant) passport.
- Infant’s birth certificate issued by Indian authority.
- Parent’s passport and visa copy.
- Copy of the travel Ticket (infant + parents).
- Infant’s color photo -3 (with white background).
- Proof of residence i.e. Hotel/Guest House Payment receipt, Leave & License agreement etc.
All surrogacy cases applying for ‘Exit permit’ would require minimum 2 working days for processing, provided all the documents are submitted.
Note : OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) /PIO (People of Indian Origin) Cardholders coming to India for surrogacy do not require a Medical Visa. However, on arrival to India, they will have to visit the FRRO for taking permission before starting Surrogacy.
International Fertility Centre’s legal team assists with all documents and formalities required so that you have a hassle-free process. Head Embassies/Consulates of ALL countries are located in New Delhi-the capital, thus ensuring easy facilitation and completion of process in a shorter time as compared to other cities.