Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
If you are struggling with male infertility problems such as low sperm production or low sperm count then Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI treatment) is recommended.
What is ICSI?
ICSI is a specialized form of in vitro fertilization (IVF) procedure which involves the injection of a single sperm directly into a mature egg. The fertilized egg (embryo) is then transferred to your uterus (womb). The treatment is used in severe cases of male factor infertility.
ICSI is one of the most common techniques used together with IVF and comes under assisted reproductive technologies. Since its inception, ICSI has led to the birth of thousands of babies worldwide. The potential factors that may influence pregnancy rates (and live birth rates) in ICSI include level of DNA fragmentation as measured.
ICSI is used if your spouse has:
- A low sperm production or zero sperm count.
- Abnormally shaped sperm or poor sperm morphology.
- Poor motility or the sperm cannot move properly.
- An obstruction which prevents sperm release, such as vasectomy.
- Ejaculation or erection problems due to diabetes or spinal cord injuries.
- A vasectomy reversal that was unsuccessful or resulted in a very low sperm production or poor quality sperm.
- High levels of antibodies in the semen.
Duration of ICSI treatment
The duration of one cycle of ICSI takes between four weeks and six weeks to complete. The egg and sperm retrieval procedures take you to spend a day at fertility clinic and later the embryo transfer procedure takes between two to six days.
The chances of success in ICSI varies among patients particularly depends on the age of women. According to studies, on an average about 25% of patients have a baby after one attempt at ICSI. If a female partner has healthier eggs then there are higher chances of success.
Advantages of ICSI
- ICSI may provide your spouse a chance of conceiving a child when other options are not open to you.
- Sperm can be extracted for ICSI for standard IVF when your spouse is too anxious to ejaculate
- ICSI can be used to support couples with unexplained infertility.
- Through ICSI procedure, your children would not be affected; they will grow physically and mentally strong like of normal children.
Get world class Infertility Treatment at the most affordable prices with high Success Rates. Consult Us now by submitting your queries in the section mentioned below or write us at firstname.lastname@example.org