IUI or intrauterine insemination is a simple medical procedure that involves deposition of washed sperms into the uterus of a patient. The process is aimed at aiding the process of conception. This Assisted Reproductive Technology method is safe and effective in treating infertility, especially when dealing with natural barriers. In IUI treatment, a semen sample in a nutrient medium is placed in the uterine cavity, which in turn allows sperms to reach uterus.
Conditions Warranting IUI
- Poor semen quality with low counts or motility.
- Impotency or premature ejaculation in males.
- Problems in cervix that could lead to obliteration of sperms.
- Ovulation disorders such as Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome.
- In case of unexplained infertility where causes are unknown, IUI is advocated.
The Preliminary Step in IUI treatment
An all-inclusive history is discussed and the essential examinations are done.
These are the things that need to be checked :
- The ovary of the patient has healthy eggs.
- The fallopian tubes must be open for a successful IUI treatment India.
- The uterus should be normal.
- The semen sample must show an adequate amount of motile and normal sperms.
- If a sperm donor is used, then we check for presence of any infectious diseases.
Different Steps in IUI Treatment
Ovulation Induction : In simple terms, ovulation means release of egg by a mature ovarian follicle. When the patient is ovulating, IUI is performed. It is likely that ovaries are stimulated with the aid of a medication. This augments the egg production; thereby, probability of conception in the patient. Then, the patient’s uterus and ovaries are analyzed through an ultrasound examination. It should be noted that the prescribed drugs are directed to produce more eggs. Oral medicines and injections are used in the process.
Keeping an Eye on the IUI treatment Cycle
Doctor will perform the insemination during ovulation. An ultrasound scan is used to determine whether the patient is ovulating or not. Once confirmed, the eggs are released from the follicle with the aid of an injection.
IUI Treatment in Delhi : Intrauterine insemination is best done during ovulation. As washed sperms only live for six hours, IUI is done within the same period. If hCG is injected, patients having two IUI will be performed within 24 to 48 hours.
Semen Collection : During the process of artificial insemination in India, doctors instruct abstinence for 2-4 days before the process. A semen sample is collected from the male partner through masturbation. The sample is generally collected in the clinic. Our IUI clinic in Delhi has ample facility for semen collection.
Preparing the semen sample : Next step is sperm washing that needs to be completed prior to the process. The clinic can employ a method on the basis of quality of the semen sample. The semen quality depends on volume, count and motility. The preparation generally consumes about one hour. The aim of this procedure is to eliminate all the content other than the motile sperms. The freezing capacity of the sample is enhanced as well. This sperm sample is used in artificial insemination in India without much delay.
Steps in One IUI Cycle
The Insemination Procedure :
- The process is outright simple and safe medical procedure; it is also known for its effective results. The process involves threading of a lean flexible catheter through the cervix. Then, the washed sperms are placed in the uterus.
- The bladder of the patient should be empty. So, she may get asked to pass urine.
- The patient is made to lie with her legs raised.
- Then, the uterus is analyzed with the aid of speculum insertion into vagina. The doctor may employ forceps to hold the anterior lips. It is likely that the patient get uncomfortable in the process. However, there is no pain involved in the step.
- Afterwards, the uterus is introduced to semen in a gentle way. The process may take one minute.
- Doctors will make the patient take rest for the next half an hour.
Take Care of the Patient after the Treatment
- After the insertion of sperms, patient is advised to rest for 30 minutes. Later on, she can work, travel, and eat in a normal manner.
- The couple can also go on with its regular sex life.
- In case of any pain, patient can consume any prescribed pain killer. But, consultation with the doctor is a must.
- Sometimes, doctor instructs consumption of certain oral medications or suppositories.
Testing for the Final Results : Blood pregnancy test should be carried out after 2 weeks of the IUI treatment. Once the conception is confirmed, an ultrasound scan is performed. In case of any doubt, it is better to consult the clinic.
Success Rates : The success rates vary according to a plethora of factors. The usage of fertility drugs is found to enjoy better success rates than the treatments without the involvement of these drugs. In addition, the sperm count is a huge factor in the process. Fertility specialists generally abstain from using sperm sample with low count. We have an average 31% IUI success rates compared to 15% IUI success rates around the world. The cycle could get repeated for 4-6 times at most. If the treatment is unsuccessful even after repetition of IUI cycles, the couple may have to try IVF treatment.
IUI at IFC
International Fertility Centre under the aegis of veteran fertility experts is one the most trusted IUI clinics in Delhi if you are seeking IUI treatment in India. It provides expert counselling and IUI treatment at affordable cost which can be availed by any couple who are willing to go for this artificial conception procedure. The highly qualified medicos at this IUI treatment centre take intensive care of your problem through dedicated diagnosis and furnish reports after analysis your historical and current health data. If you are looking for a credible clinic that attempts to alleviate your distress then the International Fertility Centre is among the most professional and proficient IUI clinics in India.
At International Fertility Centre, we have unprecedented IUI success rates that have helped numerous childless couples with IUI treatment in India. Our clinic is run by the best doctors including Dr. Rita Bakshi and their expert counseling is highly sought after by childless couples from India and abroad. Rest assured, IFC will take care of your fertility needs in an emphatic and professional manner.