What is PGD ?
PGD stands for Pre-implantation Genetic Diagnosis to have a healthy baby with your genes.
How does PGD work ?
The procedure for PGD is likely to be as follows :
Step 1 : Couple undergoes normal in vitro fertilization (IVF) treatment for extracting male and female partner’s reproductive gametes.
Step 2 :
Step 3 : The healthiest embryos are transferred back into the female parent’s uterus to grow into your baby.
Who requires PGS / PGD ?
- First child born with genetic defects
- Multiple IVF cycle failures
- Repeated abortions / miscarriages
- Increased maternal age of female partner
- Unexplained infertility in either of the partners
- Repeated embryo implantation failure
- Single gene disorders
- Disorders : Cystic fibrosis, B-thalassemia, sickle cell disease and spinal muscular atrophy type 1, Myotonic dystrophy, Huntington’s disease , Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease type 1A, Down syndrome, reciprocal translocations, Human leukocyte antigen (HLA) matching.
What’s unique about PGD service of IFC ?
We are the first and foremost IVF Center offering low-cost PGD service in India.
- We do day 3 and day 5 Blastocyst
- NGS Technology – Next Generation Sequencing with 100% accurate results
- We have experienced team handling PGD in our IVF center
- 100% Genetic detection rate
Does PGD affect pregnancy rates during IVF ?
For couples thinking of PGD during IVF treatment, PGD does not necessarily improve IVF success rates but is a good attempt to increase the chances of having a successful embryo implantation.