Surrogacy is a legal and ethical arrangement in which a woman (the surrogate mother) carries the baby of another couple (the genetic parents or commissioning couple – the egg and sperm belong to them).Surrogacy Process is facilitated by the fertility clinic or an agency wherein a surrogacy contract is made and signed both by the commissioning parents and the surrogate.
Forms of Surrogacy
The most common form of surrogacy that is used is gestational wherein the female partner of the infertile couple is treated with hormones to yield more eggs which are retrieved and fertilized with her husband’s sperm in vitro (in the laboratory).
The embryos created from the gametes of both the partners are then transferred into the uterus of a surrogate mother. She gets pregnant and hands over the baby to the intended parents after delivery. During the surrogacy process, the surrogate lives at surrogate home where she is provided with all the essential facilities till delivery. Sometimes, if the female partner is of advanced age or has poor quality eggs it might be necessary to have an egg donor to improve the chances of pregnancy. The child thus born would be genetically related to both (husband and wife) or one parent (egg donor and husband).
Surrogacy Process at IFC
IP researches IFC Surrogacy Program
- Understand IFC Surrogacy Program – We encourage you to ask as many questions as possible.
- Surrogacy Cost Sheet – Acquire package and details from us.
Interact with Specialists and Doctors:
- Share detailed medical history, reports and scans done previously
- Decide to go for IFC Surrogacy Program
- Choose and block Egg Donor if needed
- Finalize your Travel Plan
- Paperwork is prepared between Surrogate and IP – Agreement and Consent
- Apply for Medical Visa at the Indian Embassy of your country (we provide you all documents) – For foreigners
Stimulation of Ovary for IVF
- Synchronization of menstrual cycles of Genetic Mother/Egg Donor and Surrogate
- Stimulation at IFC (stay in New Delhi for about 2-3 weeks depending upon your menstrual cycle)
Note : Option of starting stimulation in your own country is also possible. We will be sending you a prescription for stimulation. You will only need to come for one week to New Delhi with self-stimulation.
Travel to International Fertility Centre @ New Delhi, India
- Register at FRRO (Foreigner Regional Registration Office) – For foreigners
- Signing of Surrogacy Agreement and contract between IP and surrogate
- Signing of consent form for IVF / ICSI , oocyte retrieval/embryo transfer
Controlled ovarian hyper stimulation with injection
- Ovum Pickup, Sperm Collection
- IVF/ ICSI and Development of Embryos
- Embryo is transferred into Surrogate
- Confirmation of Pregnancy through a Beta HCG Test
- Carrying of full term pregnancy by Surrogate Mother
- Medical care of surrogate by International Fertility Centre
- Monthly scans and reports of Surrogate provided to IP
Delivery of Surrogate
- IP to travel to New Delhi, India
- Delivery of Surrogate
- Process of handing over baby
- International Fertility Centre organizes for the Birth Certificate of Baby
- IP apply for passport for baby with legal assistance from IFC
- IP applies for exit visa at FRRO
- Family travels back to their country (Entire duration of exit process ranges from 2 to 3 weeks, ex. UK)
Post Treatment Follow-up
- Lifelong Association and regular interaction with International Fertility Centre